Thursday, January 31, 2013
1. If the sky falls, hold up your hands.
~ Spanish Proverb
2. One is not idle because one is absorbed. There is both visible and invisible labor. To contemplate is to toil, to think is to do. The crossed arms work, the clasped hands act. The eyes upturned to Heaven are an act of creation.
~ Victor Hugo (1802-1885, French poet, dramatist, novelist)
3. Fame is a pearl many dive for and only a few bring up. Even when they do, it is not perfect, and they sigh for more, and lose better things in struggling for them.
~ Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888, American author)
4. Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
~ Albert Camus (1913-1960, French existential writer)
5. I cannot divine how it happens that the man who knows the least is the most argumentative.
~Giovani della Casa (1503-1556, Papal secretary of state)
6. The first and the best victory is to conquer self.
~ Plato (BC 427?-347?, Greek philosopher)
7. It takes courage to lead a life. Any life.
~ Erica Jong (1942-, American author)