A periodic posting of some notable quotes:
1. If you keep on saying things are going to be bad, you have a good chance of being a prophet.
~Isaac Bashevis Singer (1904-1991, Polish-born American journalist, writer)
2. Never allow your own sorrow to absorb you, but seek out another to console, and you will find consolation.
~J. C. Macaulay
3. The last, best fruit which comes to late perfection, even in the kindliest soul, is tenderness toward the hard, forbearance toward the unforbearing, warmth toward the cold, philanthropy toward the misanthropic.
~Jean Paul Richter (1763-1825, German novelist)
4. A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.
~George S. Patton (1885-1945, American army general during World War II)
5. Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul.
~Marcus Aurelius (121-12180, Roman emperor, philosopher)
6. Comparisons of one's lot with others' teaches us nothing and enfeebles the will.
~Thornton Wilder (1897-1975, American novelist, playwright)
7. Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith.
~Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887, American preacher, orator, writer)