A periodic posting of some notable quotes:
1. The man with a toothache thinks everyone happy whose teeth are sound. The poverty-stricken man makes the same mistake about the rich man.
~ George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950, Irish-born British dramatist)
2. We are generally the better persuaded by the reasons we discover ourselves than by those given to us by others.
~ Blaise Pascal (1623-1662, French scientist, religious philosopher)
3. If you're looking for perfection, look in the mirror. If you find it there, expect it elsewhere.
~ Malcolm S. Forbes (1919-1990, American publisher, businessman)
4. A man who cannot tolerate small misfortunes can never accomplish great things.
~ Chinese Proverb
5. Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
~ John Wooden (1910- 2010, American basketball coach)
6. Nothing would be done at all if one waited until one could do it so well that no one could find fault with it.
~ John Henry Newman (1801-1890, British religious leader, prelate, writer)
7. How far is far, how high is high? We'll never know until we try.
~ Song from the California Special Olympics